- Promotion of lung research culture and a climate that fosters research.
- Perform research to find solutions for local problems
- To implement cost efficient diagnostic and therapeutic methods.
- To utilize research results in practice and guidelines formulation.
- To increase the standards in pulmonary medicine.
- To identify and initiate research in emerging fields of respiratory
- To deliver medical services and perform research on country specific
problems relevant to developing countries
- To contribute to global health research aimed at developing new knowledge,
and therapeutic technologies and medicines
- To formulate sound policies and plans for field action
- To develop national and international networks for respiratory research
and development (R&D)
and its clinical applications through co-operations, collaborations
and joint venture
- To create infrastructure - clinical and R&D facilities under
one roof for designing & implementation
of different projects.
- To facilitate education programs in regard to lung diseases.
- There will be two main approaches for the research and development
- Initiation and implementation of projects mainly by IPMRD itself
- Projects in collaborations, co-operations & joint venture
participation (JVP), which may be national or international with
individuals or groups, institutions, organizations and
Role of IPMRD in collaborative and co-operative projects
- Design of national and international projects
- Provide infrastructure & platform for implementation of projects
- Provide capacity
- Database management & analysis
- Assistance for publications
- Facilities to do tests for various studies
- Provide organizational support